Air Venturi Airgun Slynger Metal Silhouette Targets
- Includes silhouette targets of chicken, pig, turkey and ram, 1/10 scale*
- Designed only for pellet rifles and pellet pistols
- Targets are constructed of 1/8″ heavy-duty steel
- Never shoot your targets with anything but lead pellets or low ricochet lead BBs
- Ram 2.75″ x 3.5″
- Turkey 1.5″ x 2.5″
- Hog 2.5″ x 2″
- Chicken 1.25″ x 1.5″
- Silhouette target shooting is a phenomenal way to gauge your accuracy as a shooter. This set features the shapes of four animals constructed from heavy-duty steel. Set at different distances, the chicken, pig, turkey and ram targets will help you prove to yourself that youre ready for anything.
The first match using metal animal silhouettes was held in 1948 in Mexico City. The targets were originally made for centerfire guns. But because rimfire shooters and airgunners wanted to participate, smaller silhouettes were eventually introduced and placed at closer distances.
There are 4 (four) targets used in silhouette matches: chicken, pig, turkey, and ram. Each target is shot 10 times at the following distances:
- Chicken: air rifle = 20 yards / air pistol = 10 yards
- Pig: air rifle = 30 yards / air pistol = 12.50 yards
- Turkey: air rifle = 36 yards / air pistol = 15 yards
- Ram: air rifle = 45 yards / air pistol = 18 yards
Official rules and match information can be found at these governing organizations: International Metallic Silhouette Shooting Union (IMSSU): www.imssu.org National Rifle Association (NRA): www.nra.org
International Handgun Metallic Silhouette Association (IHMSA): www.ihmsa.org
Official Airgun Slynger web site: http://www.airgunslynger.com/
National annual Airgun Slynger competitions held at Pyramyd Air Cup
*These airgun silhouette targets are 1/10 the size of big bore silhouette targets, and are traceable to NRA’s Full Scale Standards for Steel Silhouette Targets.